Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Serendipty #1 (by Nani)

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Last night I was wondering when we would be able to get to Loja to just check it out. It's not around the corner being about 40 km away... and we have no car. We could take the bus ($1)or a taxi ($3) but we have no idea where to go or what to see.

This morning I woke up thinking the same thing but with no sense of urgency. I made our coffee in our new found way - some cloth and a metal strainer with boiled water and some local coffee ground to nearly a powder. It's slow but effective and actually quite good, but I have been thinking about something less primitive though not quite an appliance, and I also don't want to spend a bunch of money on an overpriced coffee machine - seems wasteful here for some reason.

So, me and the boys were just laying around reading when a car stopped out in front and Declan, being the good watch dog, ever-vigilant and curious, went to see who it may be. Lo and behold it was Pierre. So, Mike went downstairs to chat and I went to throw on some clothes in case he came up. Minutes later, Mike came up with Pierre and repeated his offer to take us to Loja for whatever - and we could share in the cost of gas: $5.

Be careful what you ask for... when you're here, you may actually get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment